Visual Information Intern- Zion National Park
Position Type: Internship
Open until: April 1, 2018
Wage: $11.68-12.74 / Hour (depending on experience and education)
Location: Zion Canyon, Springdale UT
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT ZION NATIONAL PARK:
Work as a Visual Information Specialist in the Division of Interpretation. The primary function of the position is to support the Zion Visual Information Department in the development of print, digital, and social media and to provide administrative support.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Designs, prepares, revises, and produces interpretive publications, such as naturalist activity schedules, site bulletins, trail guides, posters, and multiple editions of the park newspaper.
- Utilizes a variety of desktop publishing and graphic software programs to create electronic files ready for delivery to commercial printers.
- Uses digital images, video, electronically produced graphics, or artwork to produce content for park website.
- Supports park-wide social media program and serves as a contributor for all social media platforms to facilitate strategic approach and to ensure consistency and compliance with NPS policy.
There is no housing available for this position.
Consideration will be given to applicants that have:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to Daren Reehl at Daren_Reehl@nps.gov. In the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION. You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by 3/1/2018.