Visitor Services/Interpretation – Lehman Caves Intern Great Basin National Park
Position Type: Internship
Open until: March 18th (or Filled)
Wage: $12.00 / HR
Location: Great Basin National Park
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT: Great Basin National Park near Baker Nevada.
The incumbent selected for this position will
- Provide visitor services at the front desk of the Lehman Caves Visitor Center, answer questions, provide information, operate A/V equipment and open and close the building.
- The incumbent will also serve as a fee collector, selling cave tour tickets, federal public land passes and bookstore sales items. A federal background check is required.
- The incumbent will provide interpretive and educational programs, including but not limited to, cave tours and school programs.
- The incumbent will work on special project(s) and collateral duties as assigned.
- Comfortable talking with visitors
- Comfortable operating Computers, Cash Registers and A/V equipment
- Excited about the Public Lands and a willingness to learn
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to Rebecca Gordon at Rebecca_Gordon@nps.gov. In the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION.
- You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest.
Please get your applications in as soon as possible. Applications are available until the position is filled, but first consideration will be given to applications received by March 18th, 2018.
Rebecca Gordon/Great Basin National Park/Baker NV, 89311
Nichole Andler – email@example.com – (775) 234-7521