Visitor Service / Interpretation Lehman Caves Intern- Great Basin National Park
Position Type: Internship
Open until filled
Work Hours: 40 hours a week May 1, 2017 through August 12, 2017
Wage: $10.98 / HR
Location: Great Basin National Park
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT GREAT BASIN NATIONAL PARK
The incumbent selected for this position will:
- provide visitor services at the front desk of the Lehman Caves Visitor Center, answer questions, provide information, operate A/V equipment and open and close the building.
- serve as a fee collector, selling cave tour tickets, federal public land passes and bookstore sales items. A federal background check is required.
- provide interpretive and educational programs, including but not limited to, cave tours and school programs.
- assist with Park communications through written and verbal means such as informal visitor contacts, visitor education, social media postings, and press releases.
- assisting with special projects as they arise.
Housing WILL BE provided by the park for interns
- Comfortable talking with visitors
- Good writing skills
- Comfortable operating A/V equipment
- Excited about the Public Lands and a willingness to learn
- Go to com
- Click on the IIC Application “APPLY NOW”. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it, with your resume and transcripts, to Nichole Andler at email@example.com. In the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices. Applications are available until the position is filled.
ALL IIC INTERNSHIPS MUST BE TIED TO AN ACADEMIC CREDIT such as: Departmental internships, EDGE, Practicums, UNIV-2890, Etc.