Recreation Technician – St George, UT
Position Type: Internship
Open until: 5/15/2017
Wage: $13.84 per hour
Location: St George, UT
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT THE PINE VALLEY RANGER DISTRICT, DIXIE NATIONAL FOREST, ST GEORGE, UTAH.
- Provides detailed information about recreation opportunities to Forest visitors and explains the Forest Service rules and regulations. Provide information on resource management practices, regulations and current conditions.
- Assist as point of contact with community organizations and interest groups to generate interest in and utilization of forest recreation facilities. Involves the community in program and activities, determines, and recommends possible public involvement. Coordinates group visits with operational personnel and communicates schedules and requirements for logistical support. Recruits and trains and maintains contact with and provides support to campground host(s)/volunteers.
- Maintain developed sites e.g., roadside and/or backcountry dispersed sites. Makes repairs, removes or replaces facilities, or closes areas of facilities when hazards cannot be promptly eliminated. Assist with the maintenance of District recreation facilities such as toilets, road closure gates, hand pumps, water systems, picnic tables, fire rings, barriers, dumpsters and other miscellaneous structures.
- Patrol wilderness to ensure areas are operated, used and maintained in accordance with Wilderness Management Plan. Cleans both roadside and/or backcountry dispersed sites. Naturalizes sites where necessary in order to control use and prevent resource damage. Installs and maintains information boards, travel signs, regulatory signs and other signs associated with recreation sites, travel management and safety.
- Assist with the construction, maintenance and monitoring of trails.
- Assist with performing compliance checks and inspections on existing permits under Special-Use authorization, recreation residences, and recreation rental cabins.
- Assist with the enforcement of Off-Road-Vehicle (ORV) restrictions, including maintenance and posting of regulatory signs and enforcement of restrictions. Patrols district roads, trails, and/or waterways and ensure that use is in accordance with recreation plans and regulations. Assist with implementation of District motorized travel plan including opening and closing roads and trails in accordance with recreation plans and regulations.
- Assist with job hazard analysis and conducts safety training for all projects. Inspect recreation areas, areas of concentrated public use, and special use permits for compliance with the permit and the management plans, public health, and safety.
- Assist with fee collection for recreation sites.
SHARED HOUSING IS AVAILABLE IN PINE VALLEY, UTAH.
Interns with experience in maintenance and Recreation will be given priority
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to (CONTACT PERSON) a (CONTACT EMAIL) in the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by (May 10, 2016)
- Nick Walendziak
- email@example.com .us