Recreation Technician – BLM – Kanab
Position Type: Internship
Open until: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 or until position is filled.
Wage: $12.19 – $13.84 per hour DOE
Location: Kanab, UT
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT BLM GRAND STAIRCASE-ESCALANTE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- Assist with maintenance of recreation sites and facilities (campsites, toilets, fences, tree removal, etc.) including cleanup, repairs and small project construction.
- Assist with trail maintenance and reconstruction.
- Monitoring and documenting resource/facility damage.
- Vehicle and fleet monitoring and maintenance.
- Work with volunteers and other groups to complete tasks
- Assist in the maintenance and installation of signs, gates, fences, and other facilities as assigned using power and hand tools.
- Use Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) ( Training provided)
Work Environment: Recreation/Maintenance Aids will be working outside and exposed to a variety of weather conditions (temperatures 45 – 105+ degrees). Work 40 hours per week from Mid-May – August 2018. Must provide own living quarters.
Consideration will be given to applicants that have:
- Ability to work in remote locations under a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical exertion including, but not limited to, hiking, lifting, carrying, bending, digging, biking, walking and standing.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Background check required upon selection.
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to (CONTACT PERSON) a (CONTACT EMAIL) in the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by June 6, 2018
NAME: Taylor Linton
PHONE NUMBER: (435) 644-1207 Cell: (435) 691-1071