Maintenance Tech Internship – BLM Kanab / GSENM
Position Type: Internship
Open until: September 1, 2017
Wage: $12.19 – 13.84 DOE
Location: BLM Kanab Field Office
THIS INTERNSHIP IS LOCATED AT THE GRAND STAIRCASE-ESCALANTE NATIONAL MONUMENT FOR THE BLM. BASED OUT OF THE BLM KANAB FIELD OFFICE.
- Assist with maintenance of recreation sites and facilities (campsites, toilets, fences, tree removal, etc.) including cleanup,
- repairs and small project construction.
- Assist with trail maintenance and reconstruction.
- Monitoring and documenting resource/facility damage.
- Vehicle and fleet monitoring and maintenance.
- Work with volunteers and other groups to complete tasks
- Assist in the maintenance and installation of signs, gates, fences, and other facilities as assigned using power and hand tools.
- Use Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (Training provided
- Ability to work in remote locations under a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical exertion including, but not limited to, hiking, lifting, carrying, bending, digging, biking,
- walking and standing.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Background check required upon selection.
Work Environment: Recreation/Maintenance Aids will be working outside and be exposed to a variety of weather conditions
(temperatures 45 – 105+ degrees).
Living Conditions: Must provide own living quarters.
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to Taylor Linton, firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by (March 31, 2017)
- Taylor Linton
- Office: (435) 644-1207 Cell: (435) 691-1071
- For more information
- Contact Mary Dewitz
ALL IIC INTERNSHIPS MUST BE TIED TO AN ACADEMIC CREDIT such as: Departmental internships, EDGE, Practicums, UNIV-2890, Etc.