Recreation Campground Ranger – BLM Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
Position Type: Internship
Open until August 1, 2017 or until position is filled.
Wage: $12.19 per hour DOE
Location: Calf Creek Recreation Area
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT BLM GRAND STAIRCASE-ESCALANTE NATIONAL MONUMENT
- Assists with daily operations at popular public campground with high levels of day-use;
- Assists with administering a campground fee program;
- Provides visitor assistance, responds courteously to visitor questions and provides information about the area and recreation opportunities and serves as parking monitor;
- Conducts frequent walking patrols of campground and nearby hiking trail (7 miles);
- Cleans campsites including trash pick-up and fire ring removal;
- Monitors visitor use, documents and reports resource /facility damage;
- Assists with water collection and testing;
- Assist in the maintenance and installation of signs, gates, fences, and other facilities as assigned using power and hand tools.
- Use Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (Training provided).
- Drive a small government truck in performance of job duties.
This position will live on-site at Calf Creek Campground in a small trailer and will assist with operation of campground recreation sites and facilities. Intern will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions (temperatures 45 – 105+ degrees). Escalante is a small community with limited services available. Internet is not available on-site.
Consideration will be given to applicants that have:
- Ability to work in remote locations under a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical exertion including, but not limited to, hiking, lifting, carrying, bending, digging, biking, walking and standing.
- Good oral communication skills, patience and tact for face-to-face contacts with the public.
- Valid Driver’s license for operating a government vehicle.
Applicants who possess these skills and who are pursuing a degree in fields related to Outdoor Recreation Management or Tourism will be given greatest consideration. Background check required upon selection.
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to (CONTACT PERSON) a (CONTACT EMAIL) in the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by August 1, 2017
- NAME: Alysia Angus
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE NUMBER: 435-826-5615