Range Technician- USFS Kaibab
Position Type: Internship
Open until: March 17, 2018
Wage: $15.00/ Hour DOE
Location: North Kaibab Ranger District, Fredonia, AZ
Description: Range Technician
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT NORTH KAIBAB RANGER DISTRICT:
Primary duties of this position are chemical spraying of invasive weeds, range allotment monitoring and data collection needed to support upcoming NEPA analysis. Additional duties will include construction/repair/maintenance of structural range improvements and care of District pack and saddle stock. Occasional opportunities may be available to assist with heritage surveys and recreation site and trail maintenance.
- Willingness to assist weed technician with chemical and mechanical treatment of weeds.
- Ability and willingness to work alone in a remote forest environment.
- Must have a current state issued driver’s license and be able to demonstrate safe driving skills to obtain federal driver’s license.
- Experience with and ability to safely operate 4×4 vehicles in mountainous terrain.
- Experience with and ability to identify plant species common to southern Utah/northern Arizona and to describe environmental characteristics concerning rangeland plants and soils.
- Have a basic knowledge of fence construction techniques.
GOVERNMENT HOUSING IS AVAILABLE
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to Geoffory Anderson a firstname.lastname@example.org in the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by March 17, 2018
NAME: Geoffory Anderson
PHONE NUMBER: 307 248-3603