Metadata Technician – Grand Canyon Parashant NM
Position Type: Internship
Open until: April 21, 2017
Wage: 12.57 / Hour DOE
Location: Parashant National Monument
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT PARASHANT NATIONAL MONUMENT:
Position Description: In-house curation position
- Create metadata for Parashant Photo database for up to 10,000 photos
- Enter linked documents into online databases
- Create metadata for environmental compliance documents
- Learn/apply NPS standard archiving techniques for hard copy and digital media
- Learn/apply NPS and BLM data standards for recording fieldwork and historical data
- (Optional) fieldwork including ride-along with Parashant staff. Fieldwork may be overnight in remote locations (tent or cabin), however outdoor activities are not expected to be extremely strenuous. Vehicle and camping gear will be provided.
Flexibility in job assignment appreciated. Intern will most likely be helping with a variety of additional projects including youth camps, special events and festivals.
Data entry techniques, attention to detail, and working knowledge of MS Excel and Access. (Biology, Physical Science, Statistics, Math.)
Weekly Work Schedule: 32 hours per week May 8, 2017 – August 18, 2017
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on APPLY TODAY. Download a PDF or word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to Jennifer Fox at email@example.com in the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by April 21, 2017.