Kolob Wilderness Intern- Zion National Park
Position Type: Internship
Open until: 4/1/2017
Location: Kolob Canyons. New Harmony, UT
THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT KOLOB CANYONS, ZION NATIONAL PARK:
Support wilderness recreation and preservation by:
- Working with park visitors to plan trips into Zion’s backcountry
- Issue permits
- Provide safety, regulatory, and Leave No Trace information and education to park visitors
- Participate in projects or patrols to monitor or improve the park’s natural and cultural resources that may include wilderness campsite or trail monitoring, GPS data collection, or photo documentation.
Consideration will be given to applicants that:
- Possess outdoor recreation skills to safely and independently hike, backpack, camp, way-find, and more.
- Possess canyoneering experience (skills will be taught if no prior experience).
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants with these skills and that are pursuing majors in a parks and recreation related field will be given strongest consideration: outdoor/parks recreation and management, tourism and hospitality, biological sciences, education, and history and cultural resource fields.
There is no housing available for this position.
- Go to iicinternships.com
- Click on the IIC Application on the right hand side. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
- Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
- Save application and email it to Derrick_Fassbender@nps.gov. In the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION. You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices.
Submit IIC application, resume, transcripts, and statement of interest. Applications must be received by April 1st.
- Derrick Fassbender
ALL IIC INTERNSHIPS MUST BE TIED TO AN ACADEMIC CREDIT such as: Departmental internships, EDGE, Practicums, UNIV-2890, Etc.