Activities Director – Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy – Cedar City
Company: C.E.R.T.S. (Certified Educational, Recreational, and Therapeutic Schools)
Facility: Mountain Springs Preparatory Academy\
Location: 1454 S. Campus Drive, Cedar City, UT 84720
Status: Part-time (30+ hrs./week)
Education Level: High School, College preferred
Job Category: Activities Director
Hours: Some weeknights, Friday Mornings, Every Saturday
Salary: Hourly, DOE
Qualifications: Background in outdoor recreation preferred, knowledge in risk management.
We are looking for an outgoing activities director to organize activities for youth from the planning process through to completion. The activity director’s responsibilities include
- Organizing memorable activities that meet quality expectations and safety standards.
- Activities would need to be planned weekly for …Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday day/night, break weeks, and other various occasions.
- Weekly Friday morning Character Development Class Rotation
- Weekly service/volunteering or something active for Character Development rotation.
- Planning quarterly spirit week days for the school.
- Managing Instagram social media for MSPA, with proper guidelines.
- The activities director would be expected to attend the Saturday activity weekly.
- Every month plan an out of town Trip
- Every three or more months, out of state trip.
- Leading Weekend Snowboarding/ski trips to Brian Head pass holders, season contracts, and making sure students have all their gear.
- Communicating with Parents about their students
- Leading March Joshua Tree camping trip Trek, as well as several other camping trips.
- Holding an auction with prizes for students earned tickets.
- Planning the budgeting for activity money monthly.
Must be teachable, dependable, and punctual, be a team player, have leadership skills and be able to work well with challenging adolescents.
Email resume to email@example.com