Position Type: Internship
Open until Fri, November 25, 2016
Work Hours: 10-20 hours
Wage: 9.00 / HR
Location: Cedar City, UT
TWO INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE. INTERNSHIPS WILL BE LOCATED AT THE RED CLIFF DESERT RESERVE AND THE VERMILLION CLIFFS NATIONAL MONUMENT. PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN YOUR APPLICATION
The purpose of this mini-internship is to provide GIS and ARCGIS support to Red Cliff Desert Reserve and Vermillion Cliffs Monitoring Research Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Create ARC Maps 2. Create, use, and analyze Collector Monitoring maps and data forms 3. Problem solve monitoring protocols and analysis
1. Able to navigate and competently use GIS, ARCGIS, and Collector
2. Availability for 10-20 hours November 28-December 31, 2016
3. Problem solving skills
4. Takes initiative and thinks creatively about the project at hand with an eye toward improving the process and analysis of monitoring data.
Application Instructions: 1. Go to iicinternships.com
2. Click on the IIC Application “APPLY NOW”. This will download a word document of the IIC Internship Application.
3. Fill in the application (this can be done on your computer).
4. Save application and email it, with your resume, cover letter describing your interest in the position, and your transcripts (you may use unofficial transcripts) to Briget Eastep, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the subject line put IIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
You can also print your application and bring it to Miranda Gubler at the IIC offices. Applications are available until November 25.
All IIC INTERNSHIPS MUST BE TIED TO EARNING AN ACADEMIC CREDIT. CREDIT FOR YOUR INTERNSHIP CAN BE EARNED THROUGH AN EDGE PROJECT, DEPARTMENTAL INTERNSHIP, PRACTICUM, ASSIGNMENT, OR UNIV-2890. OTHER CREDIT OPTIONS MAY BE AVAILABLE. CREDIT OPTIONS FOR NON SUU STUDENTS CAN BE OBTAINED THROUGH YOUR INSTITUTION OR THE UNIV-2890 COURSE